The mission of the UNC System Office of Federal Relations is to:
- Promote the UNC System’s education, research, national security efforts, patient care, and public service activities;
- Increase federal support for all UNC System institutions and affiliated entities;
- Advance the UNC Partnership for National Security, a System-wide effort to develop partnerships with the Department of Defense and the U.S. military;
- Provide timely response and communications between the University and Members of Congress, congressional staff, the White House, federal agencies, educational associations, and media on matters of federal interest;
- Lead the University’s efforts to formulate and coordinate the federal priorities of the System’s 17 institutions; and
- Support our institutions through strategic planning and issues management; monitoring and analysis of federal legislation; and the identification of faculty opportunities to participate in congressional hearings, executive branch advisory groups and task forces, and national education forums.
Contact the UNC System Office of Federal Relations.