Every 3rd Friday of the month
Be sure to Register for the Webinar!
The monthly Learning and Technology webinar series features faculty, librarians, and learning professionals from around the UNC system. Presenters share innovative pedagogical approaches, best practices using learning technologies, and valuable digital resources. This program provides an opportunity to engage with colleagues across the system and foster meaningful conversations around timely topics.
Each webinar shares relevant updates from the System Office, best practices found across the System, an outside speaker, insights into new technologies, and, occasionally, the opportunity for us to have deeper discussions on a specific topic or research area.
The 2022-2023 webinar schedule is below. Remember to check out our monthly newsletter on the first Friday of the month for details!
- Sept. 16, Increasing Student Engagement and Inclusion through Open Pedagogical Practices. Facilitated by: Will Cross, Director, Open Knowledge Center & Head of Information Policy, NCSU; David Tully, Librarian for Student Success & Affordability, NCSU; Dr. Shanshan Lou, Associate Professor of Advertising, App State; and, Dr. Thomas C. Redd, Associate Professor of Mathematics, App State.
- Oct. 21, UNC Strategic Plan Refresh: Themes, Goals, and Measures, Dr. Shun Robertson, Vice President for Access and Success Strategy, UNC System, Dr. Samantha Carney, Senior Associate Vice President for Access and Success Strategy, UNC System.
- Nov. 18, Supporting Adult and Working Learners Across the System: Current Projects and Initiatives, Dr. Eric Fotheringham, Director of Community College Partnerships & Adult Learner Initiatives, UNC System
- Dec. 16, Course Design Considerations for Inclusion & Representation, Dr. Racheal Brooks, Director, Office of e-Learning, and Dr. Siobahn Day Grady, Assistant Professor, Library and Information Sciences, North Carolina Central University
- Jan. 20, Collegiate eSports, Todd Sutton, Associate Vice Chancellor for Learning Technology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Feb. 17, Serving Adult and Working Learners with Successful Competency-based Education Programs, Melissa R. Bowman Foster, D.H.A., Program Coordinator for Master of Healthcare Administration, Winston-Salem State University; Natasha Ohene, M.Ed., Instructor/CBE Student Mentor, Master of Healthcare Administration program, Winston-Salem State University; and, Alison Winzeler, Ph.D., Alternative Licensure Director for NC State’s College of Education and the Director of Pathway to Practice.
- Mar. 17, Empowering Math Learners through Open Pedagogy; Laura Lembeck, Instructor of Mathematics, Western Carolina University; Lisa Maggiore, Senior Lecturer of Mathematics, Appalachian State University; Hillary Sessions, Director of Mathematics, Director of Graduate Mathematics Education, Lecturer, UNC Pembroke; David Tully, Librarian for Student Success and Affordability, NC State University
- Apr. 21, Policy, Culture and Technology: How UNC Launched a Successful Digital Accessibility Program; Kate Hash, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Customer Experience, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Chelsea Porter, Interim Head of Digital Accessibility , University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Please email Learning.Tech@northcarolina.edu with any questions or comments.
RECORDED WEBINAR VIDEOS
View webinars search topics in the DLI Vimeo