UNC System advancement Symposium presents…
In light of the cancelation of our highly anticipated 2020 UNC System Advancement Symposium due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are delighted to present several of our sponsors and presenters who have offered complimentary virtual breakout sessions as an alternative in delivering professional development. This bi-weekly virtual breakout series is entitled UNC System Advancement Symposium presents…
Each bi-weekly series features two one-hour topics relevant to fundraising during challenging time. This series is delivered via Zoom platform and will run till July 9. Below please find description and speaker of each of the previous topics.
MAY 6: Virtual Breakout Series
MAY 19: Virtual Breakout Series
- PURSUING BLENDED GIFTS
- DAILY HABITS OF HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISERS
- Presenters: Benjamin Case – Chief Executive Officer and Senior Consultant at Focused on Fundraising, Inc.
JUNE 2: Virtual Breakout Session
- PUT YOUR DATA TO WORK: HOW TO ANALYZE, OPTIMIZE, AND UTILIZE YOUR INFORMATION TO DRIVE FUNDRAISING SUCCESS
- TRANSFORMING YOUR UNIVERSITY: BUILDING A PRINCIPAL GIFTS PROGRAM
- Co-moderators: Susan Pettyjohn – Senior Consultant, Washburn & McGoldrick and Karin George – Managing Principal, Washburn & McGoldrick
- Expert Panelists: Alan Taylor – Assistant Vice President Data Strategy, NC State University and Cam Kelly – Senor Assistant Vice President for Principal Gifts Programs, Duke University
JUNE 16: Virtual Breakout Session
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIP IN AN UN-RELATABLE WORLD
- FROM STUDENTS TO GRADUATES: HOW TO CULTIVATE LIFELONG RELATIONSHIPS WITH YOUR ALUMNI
- Presenters: Brian Kathman – Chief Executive Officer, Signal Vine
To access past symposium materials, visit the UNC System Advancement Intranet.
Over the past six years, the UNC System has distinguished itself from other state systems with our signature University Advancement Symposium. The Symposium has offered many of us a unique opportunity to broaden our knowledge, exchange ideas, discover novel opportunities, network with peers, and meet new colleagues. Your continued participation in our Symposium over the years has allowed us to grow and learn more about the ever-changing industry standards.
However, with an unprecedented pandemic in our nation, state, and communities, we now have reason to pause. As the UNC System, in close collaboration with state public health officials, continue to monitor the COVID-19 and realign operations on behalf of our students, faculty, and staff at our 17 institutions, we have been advised to cancel the 2020 Advancement Symposium.
Like many across the globe, we are having to curtail our work life and our personal lifestyle to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. We apologize for this inconvenience. It is surely a disappointment to me, my staff, and all of our registrants. A special thank you to our committee members and UNC Wilmington leadership and staff, who have together spent months planning our activities. We appreciate all who have contributed to these efforts.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies for this decision. Please stay safe and well.