Professional Development Updates
March 18th: Tuesday webinar has been cancelled.
GEAR UP NC Tuesday Webinar Series
The goal of our new Tuesday webinar series is to share information about GEAR UP NC implementation and college knowledge topics to keep you informed and start the dialogue to share best practices and ideas across our GEAR UP Student Coordinator and Family & Community Facilitator professional community.
Upcoming Dates and Topics Include:
- December 17th: GEAR UP Residential Summer Enrichment Programs: Overview, Scholarship Allotments, and Forms Preview
- January 13th: Year 03 Work Plans (NEW DATE!)
Year 3 Work Plan Template - Updated!
- January 21st: Transition to High School
- February 11th: Year 03 Work Plans and Summer Enrichment Programming Student Release Forms
- February 18th: Interpreting ACT Scores
- March 11th: Year 03 Work Plans - RSVP Now!
- March 18th: Transition to High School - Cancelled
- April 8th: College Savings and Personal Financial Literacy - Cancelled
- April 22nd: Transition to Postsecondary Education - Cancelled
- May 6th: Family Engagement and Mentoring - RSVP Now!
- June 10th: Rigorous Academic Coursework - RSVP Now!
SAS® Curriculum Pathways® Professional Development Trainings 2013-2014
This is a professional development opportunity for educators in target GEAR UP schools who teach English, Spanish, social studies, math or science to 7th, 8th, and/or 12th grade students to help promote college academic readiness tools for the classroom. For additional infomation on SAS Curriculum Pathways, check out our new Menu of Options, visit www.sascurriculumpathways.com, or visit Pathfinders, the SAS Curriculum Pathways blog.
Click here for additional details and information on allowable costs using GEAR UP funds.
SAS® Curriculum Pathways® Training Session Dates (Spring 2014)
NEW DATE! March 4th (rescheduled from January 29th)
- All those previously registered for the Janaury 29th session do NOT need to regster again.
- Register Now! for the March 4th Introductory Session
The GEAR UP NC State Office covers the following costs for educators who register to attend:
- The cost of the training
- Breakfast/lunch on the day of training
- Hotel for registrants traveling in the evening prior (hotel block information will be sent to participants with their registration confirmation)
Typical costs to the district, for which district GEAR UP funds may be used, and depend on district policies and the district GEAR UP team (please check with your GEAR UP District Staff to confirm what cost will be covered):
- Mileage/travel costs to Chapel Hill, NC from the individual’s home station
- Reimbursement for dinner for individuals traveling in the night before (if applicable)
- Substitute fees for classroom teachers (if applicable)
For questions, please contact Kristen Southworth, Outreach Coordinator at (919) 962-4208 or email@example.com.