Thank you for visiting the University of North Carolina System web site. The UNC System encompasses 17 constituent institutions, each of which maintains a unique web site. Although links to institutions and other helpful resources are available on this web site, this privacy statement applies only to the UNC System. To learn about web site privacy statements for individual campuses, please visit the institution's web site.
Information Collected, Stored and Reviewed
Currently, the UNC System utilizes computer hardware and software resources in the collection, storing and reviewing of the following information:
- General Web Traffic to include:
- Internet domains and IP address from which a visitor accesses our web site.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our web site.
- Date and times of access to our site.
- Pages, files, directory structures visited per access.
- Referral domains (the web site address from which you received referrals or linked from).
- Voluntarily-Provided User Information to include:
- Personal Contact Information necessary to reply to comments and requests for information.
- User-Identifying Information used to grant permission to use limited access content areas such as those for vendors and internal staff.
Web Site Security
The UNC System web site utilizes computer system software programs to monitor network traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, change and or otherwise cause damage. These attempts to cause damage could be subject to legal action based on North Carolina Statutes.
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically, and in the event of any such update the revised policy will be posted to the UNC System web site in a timely manner.