FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2019
UNC System Interim President Bill Roper Names Eight-Member Transition Team
CHAPEL HILL, NC – University of North Carolina System Interim President Bill Roper has engaged eight individuals with a wide range of expertise to serve as members of his transition team.
The UNC System office is in the process of executing contracts, totaling a combined $70,000 per month, with five of these individuals on a monthly basis. These include:
· Chris McClure, government relations advisor, Brooks Pierce Law Firm (transition team co-chair)
· Sen. Pete Brunstetter, former state senator and general counsel for Novant Health Systems (transition team co-chair)
· Jim Blaine, principal, The Differentiator Group
· Bernadette Gray-Little, 17th chancellor of the University of Kansas and former provost at UNC-Chapel Hill
· Charles Leffler, former vice chancellor for finance and administration at NC State University
Three persons will serve in an executive capacity, on loan from their respective agencies:
· Carol Lewis, executive director, UNC Center for Health Innovation
· Andy Willis, chief of staff, UNC Health Care
· Dan Gerlach, executive director, Golden LEAF Foundation
Each of these contractual arrangements is structured on a month-to-month basis. The team will serve Interim President Roper for an interim period while he transitions to a new role.
“I am extremely grateful to these well-qualified professionals who have agreed to temporarily step in and assist me during the transition period,” said Interim President Roper. “I am hopeful and optimistic that this transition period will be a smooth process and am proud to have their knowledge and experience while I have the opportunity.”