Health professionals and the CDC offer the following recommendations to help individuals stay healthy:
- Wear a mask in all public spaces.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick; do not travel.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as countertops, phones, keyboards, laptops, doorknobs, and bathroom fixtures.
- Immunize yourself against the flu if you have not already.
Links to relevant resources on Coronavirus:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- North Carolina Division of Public Health
- The North Carolina Division of Public Health’s Communicable Disease Branch
- UNC-TV’s coverage of the North Carolina Governor’s press conferences
- U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings – international travelers may be subject to as much as a 14-day quarantine, and most commercial air carriers have reduced or suspended many international routes.
- World Health Organization
Mental health resources
- Appalachian State University
- East Carolina University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Fayetteville State University
- N.C. A&T State University
- North Carolina Central University
- NC State University
- UNC Asheville
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- UNC Charlotte
- UNC Greensboro
- UNC Pembroke
- UNC Wilmington
- UNC School of the Arts
- Western Carolina University
- Winston-Salem State University
- North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics