Faculty Assembly Members
Delegates must be full-time members of the voting faculty of their home campus. Each of the constituent campuses chooses its Assembly delegation according to procedures established by campus governance bodies.
The size of delegations is proportionate to the number of budgeted full-time faculty positions on a campus; the representation system allows for 2, 3, 4, or 5 member delegations. Assembly Bylaws specify that delegate length of terms be 2 or 3 years, at campuses’ discretion, and require the selection of alternate delegates.
The Faculty Assembly Executive Committee provides representation for each of the delegation size-groupings, and the HMI institutions, and is elected for one-year terms. One delegate each is chosen by caucuses of campuses by delegation size:
- Five delegate (ECU, NCSU, UNC-CH, UNCC)
- Four delegate (ASU, NCAT, UNCG, UNCW)
- Three delegate (FSU, NCCU, UNCP, WCU, WSSU)
- Two delegate (ECSU, NCSSM, UNCA, UNCSA)
The body as a whole elects two members “at large,” and the Chair of the HMI caucus also serves on the Executive Committee. No institution may have more than three members of the Executive Committee, including the Assembly officers.
Officers of the committee include:
- Chair (two-year term),
- Chair-Elect (one year term in that capacity before assuming the two-year term as Chair)
- Vice Chair (two-year term)
- Secretary (one-year term)
- Parliamentarian (appointed for a one-year term by the Chair from among either current or past delegates)
The Assembly also has a staff liaison who provides support at the UNC System Office.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE - OFFICERS
Executive Committee - CAUCUS DELEGATES