Charter of the Staff Forum of UNC General Administration
October 9, 2006
We, the Staff Forum of the University of North Carolina, represent the staff of General Administration, in cooperation and concert with the University’s President and Board of Governors.
The Staff Forum serves to address constructively the concerns and interests of all General Administration staff.
Our goal is to improve communications, understanding, and morale throughout General Administration, and to increase efficiency and productivity in operations.
The Staff Forum will accomplish this goal by seeking out the issues, interests, and participation of staff employees; developing considered, informed recommendations on these concerns; advocating these recommendations to administrators and staff; fostering constant, open communication between administrators and staff; and supporting the teaching, research, and public service missions of the University.
- OBJECTIVES AND FUNCTIONS
- The University of North Carolina General Adminstration Staff Forum, hereafter, known as the Staff Forum, shall gather and exchange information on behalf of the staff of General Administration.
- The Staff Forum shall, through appropriate channels, advise and communicate with the General Administration Council on matters of importance to staff members at General Administration.
- ORGANIZATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
- The Staff Forum shall consist of one representative for every 50 employees of a work area. Every representative to the Staff Forum shall be a permanent staff member of the work area he or she represents. The manner of selection and terms of representatives shall be specified in the Bylaws.
- The Staff Forum shall have three voting officers, the Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary, as well as three non-voting Ex-Officio officers as specified in the Bylaws.
- The initial Bylaws of the Forum will be adopted by the representatives of the Staff Forum. Any amendments to the Bylaws will be adopted by the Staff Forum.
- The Bylaws of the Forum shall provide for regular meetings of the Forum,which may be held at various locations.
- Special meetings of the Forum may be called by the President of the University of North Carolina, by the Executive Committee (Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary) of the Forum, or by members of the Forum, in accordance with procedures established in the Forum’s Bylaws.
- Records of the activities of the Forum shall be maintained by the Forum and will be made available through a website.
- The forum shall be a recognized and organized body of General Administration. Officers and management officials shall encourage representatives to participate fully in the responsibilities of membership in the Forum.
- APPROVAL AND AMENDMENT OF THE CHARTER
- This Charter will become effective when it is endorsed by the representatives to the Staff Forum and approved by the President of the University of North Carolina.
- Any member of the Forum may introduce an amendment to this Charter, and, if approved by two-thirds of the authorized representatives to the Forum, it shall be transmitted to the President of the University of North Carolina for approval. An amendment shall become effective upon the approval of the President of the University of North Carolina.