Official Rules for the Social Business Plan Competition
- A team can have up to fifteen student members and must have at least one faculty advisor.
- All ventures must be based on a clearly defined social problem or issues
- Students are free to develop any social business plans based on any viable business opportunities.
- Plan submissions must be limited to two pages
- Non-students may be members of the team and participate in planning the venture. However, only two students will make the presentation.
First Round Presentations
- All presentations will be in a classroom setting
- Judges will be in the first row
- Audience will be in the room behind the judges
- Students will present from the podium
- No more than two students are allowed to present
- No Power Point and only a poster board will be allowed during the presentation.
- Presentation time is strictly limited to five minutes
- No questions will be asked by the judges
- Judges will have one minute to finish scoring using the nine item Evaluation Form.
- At the end of all presentations, judges will select two finalists.
- The two finalists will then present in the final round.
Final Round Presentations
Same format as the First Round.