GEAR UP NC Tuesday Webinar Series
The goal of our new Tuesday webinar series is to share information about GEAR UP NC implementation and college knowledge topics to keep you informed and start the dialogue to share best practices and ideas across our GEAR UP Student Coordinator and Family & Community Facilitator professional community.
Upcoming Dates and Topics Include:
- December 17th: GEAR UP Residential Summer Enrichment Programs: Overview, Scholarship Allotments, and Forms Preview - RSVP Now!
- January 7th: Year 03 Work Plans - RSVP Now!
- January 21st: Transition to High School - RSVP Now!
- February 11th: Year 03 Work Plans and Summer Enrichment Programming Student Release Forms - RSVP Now!
- February 18th: Interpreting ACT Scores - RSVP Now!
- March 11th: Year 03 Work Plans - RSVP Now!
- March 18th: Family Engagement and Mentoring - RSVP Now!
- April 8th: College Savings and Personal Financial Literacy - RSVP Now!
- April 22nd: Rigorous Academic Coursework - RSVP Now!
SAS® Curriculum Pathways® Professional Development Trainings 2013-2014
This is a professional development opportunity for educators in target GEAR UP schools who teach English, Spanish, social studies, math or science to 7th, 8th, and/or 12th grade students to help promote college academic readiness tools for the classroom. For additional infomation on SAS Curriculum Pathways, check out our new Menu of Options, visit www.sascurriculumpathways.com, or visit Pathfinders, the SAS Curriculum Pathways blog.
Click here for additional details and information on allowable costs using GEAR UP funds.
SAS® Curriculum Pathways® Training Session Dates
- Introductory Sessions: October 17, 2013, October 24, 2013, January 22, 2014 or January 29, 2014
- Advanced Session: February 6, 2014: Exploring Algebra with SAS Curriculum Pathways for educators who teach 7th, 8th or 12th grade students in math who have already either participated in an introductory session from last year (2012-2013) or are signed up to attend one of the October/January introductory session.
Registration is now open! Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage educators to register in advance to secure their space.
The GEAR UP NC State Office covers the following costs for educators who register to attend:
- The cost of the training
- Breakfast/lunch on the day of training
- Hotel for registrants traveling in the evening prior (hotel block information will be sent to participants with their registration confirmation)
Typical costs to the district, for which district GEAR UP funds may be used, and depend on district policies and the district GEAR UP team (please check with your GEAR UP District Staff to confirm what cost will be covered):
- Mileage/travel costs to Chapel Hill, NC from the individual’s home station
- Reimbursement for dinner for individuals traveling in the night before (if applicable)
- Substitute fees for classroom teachers (if applicable)
For questions, please contact Kristen Southworth, Outreach Coordinator at (919) 962-4208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.