Changes that are considered modifications are established by: OMB Circular A-102, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and other individual sponsor guidelines and regulations. The following types of changes generally require modification:
1. Increase or decrease in anticipated funding.
2. Changes in project scope or objective.
3. Change in principal investigator or other key personnel.
4. Extension of the project period.
5. Early termination of the project.
6. Transfer of project to another organizational entity.
7. Awarding subcontracts.
8. Other actions or changes cited in the terms of an agreement.