1. If a Travel Authorization is required (see ACT Pol 4.0), the traveler prepares the Travel Authorization
form with the correct departmental approval signatures (see ACT Exh 4.0a). The traveler keeps the copy
and forwards the original to the Services Office PRIOR to the intended travel.
2. The following information is completed on the Travel Authorization form:
• Date Submitted - current date
• Department or Division - department or division of the person requesting Travel Authorization
• Traveler's Name and Title - the name and position of the person requesting Travel Authorization
• Period Beginning - Period Ending - the dates the travel period begins and ends
• Travel to - the destination
• For Purpose of - a description of the travel
• Advance Requested - mark the box if an advance is requested
• Account No. - indicate account to be charged for the travel
• Marks the appropriate box(s) for:
• Pay Advance Registration - amount needed if advance registration is required
• Payable to - to whom the advance registration check is to be made payable
• Estimated Cost - estimated cost by type
• Lodging - amount if excess lodging is requested
• Registration - amount if registration fee is requested
• Explanation of Excessive Amounts Being Requested - describe the need for excess lodging
and registration if applicable
• Traveler's Signature - signature of person requesting travel authorization
• Department or Division Head - signature of immediate supervisor, or the department or division
head if applicable
• Designated Official's Signature - for all out-of-state travel, and excess lodging or registration.
(see ACT Pol 4.0)
3. After completion of the Travel Authorization form, including all departmental and division approvals,
it is submitted to the Services Office.
4. If travel requested is out-of-state, Accounting sends the Travel Authorization form to Chief Operating Officer for approval. The document is reviewed, and if warranted and funds
are available, then approved, and returned to the Services Office.
5. If the applicant is requesting an advance, Accounting types a direct payment voucher (see ACT
Exh 4.1) indicating the following information on the form:
· Applicant's name
· Applicant's Department
· Explanation - destination and date of travel
· Charge To - Department account number
· Amount - travel advance amount
· Approved for payment by - designated Services Office staff
6. When ready for payment, all direct payment vouchers are placed in batches with all other invoices.
7. A check or EFT is issued five (5) days before the travel date.
8. Accounting records the travel advance in a log including the amount, date drawn, check number,
9. Accounting files the Travel Authorization form until the traveler submits the Request for Reimbursement