Prior Approval Process: The approval process that must be completed by the sponsoring department prior to the conference / meeting date. Late approval filings should contain a justification statement.
Prior Approval Process:
1. a. Complete the required fields of the Conference / Meeting Approval Form (see ACT
(1.) General Information:
• Conference title: Complete conference name
• Conference type: External or internal
• Departmental FRS account:
• Funds type: State, Restricted Trust, Contract and Grant
• Meeting sponsor / coordinator:
• Telephone no: Phone number of conference sponsor
• Meeting date(s)
• Number of participants Approximate count
• Meeting location: City, state
• Facility type: State or non-state
• Purpose of conference: Explain in detail
(2.) Complete the Conference / Meeting Expenses Requesting Approval for section:
• Meeting room rental: Daily rate and number of days required. No limitation for daily amount.
• Meals:* Cost per meal, and number of days meal type is to be provided
* The meals and breaks must comply with the State Budget Manual’s daily subsistence allowance entitlement guidelines for conference and meetings. Lunch $10.45, and Dinner $17.90.
(3.) Attach the required information:
• formal agenda for the conference or meeting
• written invitation sent to participants
• listing of participants attending the conference
(4.) Enter the required payment information for the primary vendor in item 3.a. If an additional vendor is to be paid, list the appropriate information in item 3.b. of the form.
• Vendor name: Name of the vendor to be paid
• Point of contact: Individual that UNC-GA may contact to resolve an invoice dispute
• Point of contact No.:
• Address: Payment remit to address
• City, state, zip code Payment remit to address
(5.) Required departmental approval: The division Vice President must sign the form to certify their pre-approval of the conference.
b. Route the completed Conference / Meeting Approval Form along with the supporting documents specified in 1.a.(3.) for approval.