Research and Evaluation Resources
For more information, go to the GEAR UP NC Implementation Guide - Research and Evaluation and see below for resources listed in the Implementation Guide's GEAR UP NC Resources.
- Service Protocol for Data Entry (Exhibit 5.1)
- Sample District Highlights (Exhibit 5.2)
- Complete listing of GEAR UP NC's project objectives and performance measures.
- GEAR UP NC Summer Student and Family Services Toolkit, a helpful tool that explains how to enter summer-related student and family services into the database.
- GEAR UP NC Database (live site)
- GEAR UP NC Database Training Manual 12.13.12 a comprehensive manual with step by step screen shots for how to enter services, add/edit students, run reports, and more!
- GEAR UP NC student and Family-Family Event Service Type, a tool to help identify when to use the family event service type for both student and family services.
- Data-Driven Examples
- Database Overview FAQ
Spring 2013 College Application Data - 75% of GEAR UP NC seniors have applied to at least one college by the end of February! Let's continue to increase these numbers!
North Carolina College Knowledge Inventory (NCCKI), a validated diagnostic and summative non-congnitive survey to gauge high school students' knowledge of college information. Stay tuned for a family and middle school version of the NCCKI, available during the 2013-14 academic year.
- Institute for Educational Sciences (IES) Practice Guide: Turning Around Chronically Lowest-Performing Schools
- Institute for Educational Sciences (IES) Practice Guide: Helping Students Navigate the Path to College: What High Schools Can Do
National Student Clearinghouse