Academic Affairs coordinates the planning and authorization of new distance education degree programs in accordance with regulations established by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Regulations and Guidelines
- Regulations for New Campuses, Branch Campuses and Other Off-site Educational Use of Facilities
- Guidelines for Alternative, Online or Distance Education Delivery of Approved Degree Programs
Notifying and Requesting Authorization
- Notification of Intent to Plan a New Distance Education Degree Program
Request for Authorization to Establish a New Distance Education Degree Program or Site
(through which 50% or more of a degree program is provided)
- Distance Education Degree Program Online or Site Discontinuation Form
- Request for Authorization to Participate in an Inter-Institutional Arrangement
- UNC Enrollment and Degrees Awarded in Selected Programs *
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP 2010)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Instructional Areas and Levels (Categories)
*Includes awarded degrees without regard to how programs were delivered.
Aaron: "Search Currently Authorized UNC Distance Education Degree Programs," "New Distance Education Degree Programs Currently Being Planned" and "UNC Enrollment and Degrees Awarded in Selected Programs" go to applications on the green site.