Academic Affairs coordinates requests to establish, and when necessary, discontinue degree programs, as well as make recommendations to the Committee on Educational Planning, Policies, and Programs.
The Graduate Council reviews proposals to plan and establish master's, doctoral, and first-professional degree programs.
Academic Program Planning and Development
- Board of Governors Policy on Academic Program Planning
- Regulations for Academic Program Planning and Evaluation
- Guidelines for Academic Program Development
- Procedure for Joint Degrees
- Program Review Process and Timelines
- Request for Authorization to Plan a New Degree Program (Appendix A)
Request for Authorization to Establish a New Degree Program (Appendix C)
View Instructional Areas and Levels (Categories) for program category codes
- Request for Authorization to Discontinue a Degree Program (Appendix D)
- UNC Enrollment and Degrees Awarded in Selected Programs*
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP 2010)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Instructional Areas and Levels (Categories)
- Budget Template Appendix C
*Includes awarded degrees without regard to how programs were delivered.